It’s time to talk savings for College Students. Most (if not all) military dependents, should be used to flashing their military dependent I.D. Card, now you need to get in the habit of not only flashing your College student I.D. Card, but also asking every retailer you visit if they offer a college student discount!
I’m going to share some money saving tips and a few sites that offer discounts to college students.
Money Saving Tips:
1. Shop in Clearance Sections – (Dollar General, Walgreen’s and Walmart have the best clearance sections)
2. Check Retailmenot.com for coupon codes when shopping online.
3. Stock up on discounted school supplies in September for the next semester.
Please visit HerCampus.com for a short detailed list of money saving sites to purchase text books.
Restaurants: Please check to make sure locations near you are participating! Most not all will offer at least a 10% discount or free drinks.
2. Burger King
4. Firehouse Subs
5. Waffle House
6. Dairy Queen
10. Pizza Hut
*Check at ALL restaurants you visit*
1. Kroger – may offer a 5% discount
2. Winn-Dixie – may offer a 10% discount
1. Sally’s Beauty Supply
3. State Farm
8. Jiffy Lube
This list is not all inclusive, I’m pretty certain there are many more places and sites that offer discounts to college students, you just have to get in the habit of asking.
Congrats and Best Wishes to all of the college students this semester! I hope these tips help to ease the financial burden a little.
If you have any questions about coupons or coupon groups, you can find me at:
As Seen In The Tyndall AFB Gulf Defender